Saturday, March 17, 2012

saturday

 Above: my flowers on day 2. There are a couple more waiting to open. They were so pretty when I woke up and saw them this morning. I split the arrangement so that Megan could have some on her desk in her room.
 Well, this was a basket of clean blankets, ready to be taken upstairs to a linen closet. However, Piper decided that it is her bed. I was on my computer and started to hear her snore. I didn't realize she was in the basket (she's the same color as the blanket) She seems to like this better than her bed. That blanket and basket may belong to her now.

Today was beautiful outside. I tackled a little bit more of the garage which had since been messed up after Mike and I worked so hard on it before. Moving from the big house we had in Phoenix....we had a lot of stuff. Plus moving again here in Kentucky, I realized that there is stuff that I am simply sick and tired of moving around with me. Kitchen stuff I don't use as much, or things that I have replaced since working at Kohl's. Plus some of my motivation was to find things to donate for friends who lost everything because of the tornado, or if they had family that needed some things. It was a good reason to pare down.

A lot of clothes that Megan and Matthew have grown out of, and some toys mainly. One family I know only has the clothes that were in the washer and dryer that one day. The laundry room was in the basement....and the tornado took their upstairs. Including all of their clothing. The only thing she had were winter things at the time, so now that the weather is changing....I have some kids' clothing until she can pick up a few more things. It's amazing to think that you have to build a new wardrobe, for several people in your family, when usually you have a long period of collecting things.

The toys above are some of Megan's old Playmobile things. We had a HUGE moving box full of these things, and sets that she had. Part of me really wanted to hang onto them (I still love looking at the new Playmobile sets at the store and am always tempted to buy one.) but....we can't hang on to everything. The thought of some little girl having a huge collection of farm/people/camping/princess/castle/safari stuff made both Megan and I happy. I figured that it wasn't worth keeping, and taking a photo of some of them would help us remember as much as keeping a big box that takes up space in the garage. There were many hours playing with these things. I hope somebody else has as many.


No comments:

Post a Comment