Wednesday, March 7, 2012

not my photo....taken from the internet from a resident in Crittenden. Those are some very expensive horse trailers. I hope that they are still around.

not my photo, but it is getting closer.

and then the day after all of the rain and nasty tornadoes, we woke up with several inches of snow on the ground. This is so strange. I feel bad for those who were working through the night trying to find belongings at what was left of their houses. It was bitter cold.

after all of the excitement of the weekend, early on a Monday morning, here is Trevor - showered, dressed, brushed.....and asleep. He snuggles right into the corners of the couch. It is way too early to go to school.




The changes of the past few days. There have been obvious changes of behavior around town. People are quiet, they are helpful....but it reminds me a lot of the eeriness of September 11th when people were out but not sure what to say to each other. This was my experience at the stores once I made my way out. I didn't drive south of here as they were saying that it was so congested with all of the work trucks trying to repair the power, and roofing people, and the hundreds of volunteers who had been out to help clean up. I did drive down the road a bit and witnessed horses and cattle on the side of the road, furniture and papers everywhere, clothing stuck up in trees. You can't help but know that is all pieces of somebody's life. There are odd things that you see now and wonder if something fell off a truck, or just happened to land there after the wind. Like a metal mailbox in the middle of a busy road. How far did it come?

The weather. This is a biggie. Two days before the tornado we were enjoying some amazing spring like weather. We were outside in it and had the windows open. Then the day that the tornado hit. The next day started out chilly, but got increasingly colder through the day. Which brought a few inches of snow overnight. Snow. For real. It's so weird. Now, according the weather we are going to start warming up this week. It will be a crazy spring that is for sure.

Monday I had a dental appointment. As soon as all of the kids were off for the day, I drove out to the office. I thought I was going in for a cleaning, but the sweet girl behind the counter said, "We are doing a filling today?" and clapped her hands with excitement. I said, "Uh, nooooo I thought it was for a cleaning." I think she could tell that I must have straightened right up when she said filling and figured that I was nervous. Yes, yes I was. I don't really like going to the dentist. Plus the last time I was there, even though they took good care of me, I had an extraction and that freaked me out a bit.

I had to be brave. I went on back....and she asked me if I wanted any laughing gas. You bet. Yes PLEASE.
I was able to lay there for about 5 minutes with oxygen over my nose. Then she came and adjusted the gas.....a deep breath.....and I could feel my eyes just roll backwards, and my hands feel numb. Oh yeeeah. I'm not nervous at all anymore. I got to lay there for about 15 minutes while they kept coming in and checking on me. I felt goooooooood. I felt like I was a part of the chair. I learned I can get a shot of gas next time even if I'm nervous for a cleaning. I think that I will start getting monthly cleanings, and I'm sure there is a lot of work we can find to do in there. I looooove my dentist. I also love the bottled water, the pot of apple cider, and the cookies. - most importantly, I love the people who don't hurt me! Yay to healthy teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment