Friday, March 16, 2012

Flowers and domestic day

 Hm. I have no idea why these pictures come out looking as weird and grainy as they do on my blog. They aren't like that on my camera, or my computer. I need tech support to show me what I am doing wrong here.

Today there was a surprise at the door for me. Flowers! They had come in a box, and at first I thought that they had been mis-delivered. BUT they had my name on them!! Mike is so good about keeping me with fresh flowers all the time, but since he is away I certainly didn't expect anything. I admit, I totally cried when I saw that they were from him. It makes me so happy to come up the stairs and see them sitting on the kitchen island.

They are in bud form right now and promise to open within the next few days. I am actually so excited that I get to watch them change. Right now they are all packed in there, or closed. They look beautiful on the website he ordered them from. I think they are beautiful now, but like I said I am pretty excited about being able to watch them the next few days.


 (Megan would kill me if she knew I posted that photo. This was after her bike ride.....)

Weather is nice today. Lots of thunderstorms yesterday which I admit kind of freak me out right now. I think still trying to come down after the past two weeks with all of the tornado damage. It has still been strange.

The kids are all off from school today for some faculty related thing. We're happy about the three day weekend! So today Megan and Trevor went for a bike ride. They were gone for a little while, and Matthew and I stayed home and watched a Lego TV show together. As soon as the two got home, Matthew and Trevor went out and played outside. Today has been a 'no electronics' kind of day.

Megan and I made a cake from scratch this one which was amazing. It was so simple, but it is sooooo good. I found it on Pinterest. (Love Pinterest!) While the cake was baking, we made chicken enchiladas. We did all the work on top of the stove until the cake was done, which by that time it was ready to put the pan of enchiladas in the oven to bake for awhile.

I'm somewhat impressed with my domestic skills today.


That photo does not look good with the grain....but oh, that is one beautiful cake. The glaze oozes down into the little caverns of cinnamon mixture. Yum.


2 comments:

  1. Yum, I wish I would have been there for enchiladas and cake and to give you all a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...sounds delicious. I want that when I come home! <3

    ReplyDelete