Saturday, January 19, 2013

 UGH. Still not doing too well on my hopes of being better about blogging! Really, how is it already the 18th of January? The good thing is, when time goes by this fast, it means that Mike will be home sooner. If I could find a way to slow it down once he gets home though, I will have found the perfect combination.

Just a fast recap of the first couple weeks of 2013. It seems like I am busy, but if you ask me with what I can't even remember. I guess just life stuff in general.

It has been a good start to the year.

Earlier this week Megan had an appointment to get her hair cut. The place where I go is over near the high school that I went to. Megan had been asking me to see it (before moving back here) so since we were a mile away I took her over to see it. I showed her the two exact spaces where I met Mike. I always parked in the same spot (I have always been a habitual park-er, and I am still like this. I had a 'spot' at Kohl's - sunshine or snow.) It was WEIRD and surreal to stand here looking at the exact spots, and see our daughter sitting on the curb between the two. It's one of those moments where you wish you could go back in time just so you could look forward and imagine. How do you even put into words...a product of a chance meeting, sitting in a spot where our history began, more years ago than I would like to admit.

This week Megan also was invited to an assembly at her school that she was officially an honors student! Of course we are so proud of her. I think her transition here after the move has been great. (Knock on wood...) She seems to really have adapted well to a new school and has immersed herself into high school life. She is excited about looking into tennis this coming week, and talks about clubs that she would like to join.

 Celebratory frozen yogurt after the assembly. - On a beautiful day where we were able to finally sit outside on a patio and enjoy the feeling of the sun on our backs. I felt like a basking turtle.

 We have really enjoyed Netflix. One series that we have been watching together is the Walking Dead. The boys love zombies. I was actually surprised at how much Megan has been into this show. After coming to the end of season 2, and the end of what is currently on Netflix...we both agreed that we feel like a part of us is missing. Desperately trying to look for a way to start watching season 3. Until then...Matthew felt inspired to build a Lego version.

(click photo to enlarge)

on top of motorhome Dale and T Dog. Always keeping watch. Bottom left to right: Shane (before going crazy and shaving his head.) Rick, Carl (CARL stay in the house!!) Lori, Andrea (finally given her gun back in this photo, and by the looks of her Lego body, apparently she is a flight attendant. lol.) Glenn, and then the most awesome Daryl...with his crossbow, and you can't see that he is wearing a backpack with more guns sticking out of the top) and his motorcycle. Coolest Lego set ever, don't you think?



More tomorrow. :) Promise. Going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment