Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beautiful day today

 Oh my gosh. Today was the definition of perfect weather, and a good day. I was trying out a new crock pot recipe (which actually turned out pretty good!) but I needed a couple of things from the store to go with dinner. Megan needed some green tea bags. We decided to ride down to Fresh & Easy (original plan was Target...I love having the options, how nice to have so many places withing biking distance. Thank you Gilbert.)

There is a local restaurant that Mike and I stopped in one time to look at, but we had already eaten and figured we'd go back some time. We hadn't made it back yet, but today as my stomach was growling on the bike ride, I thought it would be good to stop in. Especially since Megan is my splitter. She always splits things with me, which makes going out fun. (BTW, the boys didn't want to go, they were not left out!) We had a flatbread pizza with this amazing glaze on the top. It was huge too, so we still have plenty left. The portions there are crazy huge.

Then we split the BEST cheesecake I have ever had. It was a salted caramel...little piece of awesomeness.

 One thing I did miss like crazy while we were gone was Fresh & Easy. I always have good luck there. I go in not knowing what to make for dinner, and I always find something. They have amazing fresh bread for .98 cents...so pretty often I will get a loaf to have with a meal.

My mom and dad bought me the coolest basket for my bike for Christmas. It comes off easily and turns into a shopping basket. I felt so cool and European riding my bike home with  a long loaf of bread peeking out of the top of the basket, and the basil plant smelled so good all of the way home.




No comments:

Post a Comment