Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday



You know....not too long ago I was watching TV and realized that I was ruined by old X Files shows, and some Mel Gibson movie about aliens....that bad things happen in and near corn fields. I swore I would never live near one. Then I realized....wow, I live with one in my backyard! A huge field. Only divided by a patch of woods (which should be scary too right?) and a wire fence.

Because of the hill, I tend to forget the corn is there until it gets very tall or occasionally I see somebody on a big tractor. No aliens.

Deer like to come out of the field occasionally. Today I was cleaning the kitchen and noticed one in the back yard. There is a wild apple tree that she was eating the ones that had fallen on the ground. It was funny watching her since she'd get all slobbery munching on them.

There are two that seem to hang around my house pretty often. There is a young buck who will stand in our driveway occasionally. We do have a pretty busy yard when it comes to wildlife. There is also a groundhog that lives up in our woods, lots of squirrels and robins (Who will stare at you when you are outside. They make me feel a bit self conscience. They are always in pairs too....weird.) Plus a cardinal that lives in our tree by our front window. There is a lot to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment