Sunday, July 1, 2012

Some funky weather

 My posts are going to be out of order, since I know my plan was to finish posting vacation pictures before anything else, but I took some pictures today that I wanted to post....

It has been HOT. Hot hot. We've had the most strange weather the past couple of weeks. First we had an entire week of perfect weather....the highs were in the upper 70s. Absolutely beautiful. There were times I really had forgotten what month it was.

Friday night, I was at work and left around 5:30. As I was leaving, Megan had called customer service (weird as I was standing right there talking to a friend right before leaving) and I could hear somebody asking for Kerry. She was calling to tell me to be careful coming home. I had been busy in the back of the store for so long I hadn't seen outside for hours. I knew we were supposed to get some severe thunderstorms that night, but this literally came from nowhere. As soon as I saw the windows at the front I walked as fast as I could to my car. It was so windy. I later found out on the news that they were hurricane force winds, in a line of storms that had crossed much of this area of the states. In comparison to other states, we didn't get it as bad. I'd hate to see 'bad' since this was very strange to me. There were trees knocked down, and a lot of people lost power. I got home fine, and it passed. In turn, the temperature dropped at least 30 degrees and Megan and I headed out for a really nice walk when the sun was going down. It's hard to believe that the temperature can change that quickly.

Now we're back to the heat. Summer is hot....but this is that yucky, drippy hot. We are in the middle of a heat wave for a few more days.

Our neighbors up the hill are simply the best. I love them. There are times I am ready for a bigger house, a newer house, or a change...and these are the types of neighbors that make you think, "I am lucky.....they are awesome....and not crazy." They used to own all of the property that our neighborhood is built in, so they have this great ranch style home with mature trees and landscaping, and a lot of time and love put into everything around it. The back deck that I see from our house looks like it is up in a treehouse. I would want to spend every minute I could out there.

So, yesterday I had a message that we were invited to use the pool at their house. They were going to be away for part of the day to a graduation picnic. The photo below....that is my house and deck in the background. We walked up the hill, and I talked with the wife in the pool for a bit. Then she left and we had the pool for as long as we wanted. It was wonderful. I especially loved being able to be done swimming and walk right down the hill through the back yard so we could make a late lunch. No driving, no wet suits in the car....it was nice. - Made me wish I didn't have to go into work tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment