Friday, October 5, 2012

Aaaaa! Anxiety!


I feel like I'm going to explode today. So, I posted this picture that I have seen on the internet that always makes me laugh. Poor Bono. Have to love some U2 humor. I'm listening to them right now too.....Achtung Baby. Always a great album.

Today....
Took boys to school. Today is their last day in Walton. They seemed very excited and not like it they had an emotion at all about it. Which is good. All week Trevor has been telling me little things like, "Today was my last day with Mr. Miller...etc." It has all been enthusiastic. I know he'll miss his friends, but he is very excited about moving. Matthew has been joking with me that he has been demoted to elementary school again. I was only kidding in the beginning of this year when I was torn about my baby starting middle school, about moving back to Phoenix so he'd still be in elementary school. In our district here, 5th grade is the first year of middle school. In Phoenix, 6th grade is the last year of elementary. He has been good about it and has even said that next year when all of the kids are nervous about middle school, switching classes and lockers, he'll be all, "Yeah. It's not a big deal. Lockers are easy." That's a pretty good attitude.

Honesly, I am glad he will be back in elementary school. I think 5th grade is so young. Heck, Matthew isn't even 10 years old yet, he still should be a kid, complete with recess time and a playground at school. Not outdoor time in a parking lot. It may feel strange to him at first, but I think he will actually enjoy being back in elementary school. He's had a glimpse of middle school, and even high school since they were attached buildings here.

Megan and I went for 'latte Friday' at Starbucks this morning. On Fridays the high school kids start later, so we started going out on Friday mornings before school to Starbucks. I even kept her a little longer this morning since yesterday she came home from school a little early because of a toe issue. A girl had accidentally slammed a heavy metal door open, not knowing Megan was on the other side. It hit Megan's foot and tore her big toe nail. She bled through her sock and boot and was limping all day. She has a Nazi P.E. coach (that I haven't been a fan of since the beginning) so since PE was her first class and it was shortened today anyway, I decided to keep her out of that class and take her when it was over. It's her last day anyway.

I took her in the office and said goodbye to my friend Betty who works in the office. I met her at Kohl's. I could feel the lump in my throat starting up again when the principal came out and told me how much he loves Megan and is going to miss her. Megan's friend Sommer walked by in the hallway and spotted Megan. She burst into the office and gave Megan a hug. I'm going to miss Megan's friends. I can't say it enough, they have been a great group and close for the past two years. They are amaazing girls that I thoroughly enjoyed watching grow for the past couple of years. I want to pack them in a box and take them with us. I will miss those girls.

Megan took her smash book to school with her today and is having people sign it. She has been busy taking pictures for the last week. That has to be one of the best purchases I have ever made. I think she has had fun with it.

Mike is also on his way home today! He is on a flight from Paris right now. I'm tracking his flight....and he will be getting in the same time that I am at the school picking up the kids. I will be able to see the plane in the parking lot, as I have done many times because the Paris flight is hard to miss here. Even when Mike isn't on it, I would sit there and watch it come in and wish that he was on it. So today will be perfect. Tonight everybody will be under one roof. That is always the best feeling in the world. (Including that I have a new Survivor to watch tonight with everybody too!)

My anxiety is through the roof today. I should go for a run or something to help with it, but I have a feeling I would end up flailing my arms and screaming down Main street like a crazy person. I'm ready to get going on this move. (I have a window up on my computer with pictures of my new house too, so I am already mentally placing things in it.) I'm still sad, and have been doing my own, "This is the last time I will ________" But once the ball gets rolling I just want to get started. I feel like a racehorse in the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment